Friday, December 05, 2003

A whole week of time has flown by, and all I can remember about it is a blur of work, hospital, and sleep.

I am sorry to say that things are not looking as good as originally thought for my father. The doctor now has retracted any 'long term diagnosis', saying that there simply isn't one to be had. We have spent the past few days easing my father into the idea of going into a nursing home therapy unit... something I swore to myself I would never do. But the problems involved are too vast for anyone to really take care of in a home setting.

I go through moments of calm, and moments of tears. Usually those come without warning, in the most inopportune time. At a meeting, driving the car, etc. I had to call the attorney today and see if we can get him to meet us up at the hospital and sign one of us as the Power of Attorney, just in case. Well, just in case of the inevitable...which is really a peculiar way of putting it...but it's the only way we can.

Anyway...there's been so much love and support, I can't thank everyone enough. It has helped tremendously, and it will continue to help through the rest of this storm.

To perk myself up yesterday, while I was at the store getting Dad a duffle bag to put his things in, I grabbed a copy of Pirates of the Carribean to take home with me. :) If a pirate can't cheer me up, who can?? Unfortunately by the time hubby and I got around to watching some of the outtakes last night, we were both so exhausted we ended up just crawling into bed and basically passing out. Sorry Johnny.

This morning I promised myself I would blog just to be able to get something in writing. My writing has sucked lately - and I know why. If I really invest myself in writing about a scene, a moment, a happening.... I can wrench out such details that really - with everything going on - it would be too much of an emotional investment. I have to pull back a bit and just skim over the top as they say.... because everything beneath the surface is broiling and black. It'll come out in time... just not right now.

So...if anybody has any interesting or funny links, post them over there on my tagboard. :) It'll help divert my attention for a little while at least. :) (( And Loup, I agree....I'm really looking forward to reading that book - what a great writing partner for Mercedes!!!! ))

No comments: