Sunday, December 28, 2003


I had yet another grandiose "Aimee" dream last night. A small portion of it went like this:

I was swimming in deep clear water with Beth, and my boss's wife and good friend Kristen. We were bobbing along - somewhat distraught as we gazed out across the large expanse of water to find that industrial plants had been built along the shore. Long docks protruded into the middle of the water, where barges and ships were anchored.

"Well - at least we got to enjoy swimming here for a little while," I said, and they agreed.

We paddled along the shore away from the ship lane, when I saw something peculiar struggling in the water up ahead. Beth swam up to it, and lifted it out of the water... it was a HUGE dragonfly, glittering metallic green. The longer she held it, the bigger it became, until it was nearly five feet. It flicked it's gossamer wings, spraying us with droplets, then took off in the sky. We watched it fly away, very much surprised.

Then Kristen motioned down in the water and came up with this curious little phrase:

"Look at the pirate down below! He has a six-shooter stuck between his toes!"

It made sense at the moment, and I swam right up to the shoreline. What I found there was even more intriguing. Instead of sand and pebbles beneath my feet, it felt like wet fabric. I knelt in the water and stayed very still until the ripples went away...and when I looked at what I was feeling, I realized it *was* fabric on the shoreline.... and there were needlepoint designed stitched into it. People's names, little flowers...everywhere under the water. I motioned for Beth and Kristen to come look, and then I woke up.

I ate too many cookies before I went to sleep, methinks... but if anybody should have any interpretations of what this might mean, have at it!! I'd love to know. *grins*

No comments: