Friday, November 28, 2003

At last, a bit of time to sit down today and catch up on a bit of writing. It seems like things have been rushing past in huge blurs lately, what with the many trips to the hospital and such. Good news though - Dad has stabilized and now just needs to focus on a long road of rehabilitation. On Sunday my Aunt and Uncles, sister and myself are going over to the house to clean things up and prepare it for his return in a week's time. I really don't know how to prepare myself for it emotionally - I know it will be difficult going into this house that hasn't seen much attention in over a year... but it needs to be done.

To escape from the stress of all of this, I have taken to stealing moments in my own personal 'spa', thanks to my best friend Beth who gave me a GORGEOUS basket chock full of bath and spa goodies. Everything from bath crystals, to a sugar scrub, to slippers for my feet... a bath pillow to rest back on, and little white gloves to slide on my hands after slathering them with an intoxicating almond lotion. THANK YOU BETH!! She knows what I love - cause she has the same taste as me. ;) When I indulge in that, I feel like a total pampered princess. It really works in scrubbing away the day and engulfing me in a total cocoon of peace and quiet at least for a little while.

My sister is over for a few days, which is always fun. I had a glass of wine with her and mom last night, and for some reason it really smacked my system like a tsunami!! After half a glass I was feeling all jello-muscled and woozy!!! I'm not sure why it was so potent, but dang...I'm going back for seconds tonight. *grins*

I bought a CD today which is actually on my Amazon Wishlist. It's "Sounds From Middle Earth" by David Arkenstone. I've wanted it for the longest time, and finally broke down and got it. It's beautiful, with all kinds of music that sounds as if it was right out of the movie. It has me inspired to do some sketching, which is something I haven't really shared with any of my online friends. Art was actually my first love, before writing. So - in a few weeks Beth and I are going to convert my grandparent's old home (which is still furnished and used by family when they come to visit) into our art studio for the winter. A couple of times a week we're going to meet there, put on some tea.... fill the rooms with music...and paint & sketch to our heart's delight. The first thing I'm going to do is do some fantasy sketches, and when I finish them I will post them on my website for everyone to see. I'd love to get opinions, and maybe even some requests.

I really love the new theme of my blog. While I like the black background, it doesn't really reflect the kind of person I am. I'm more of a sunny disposition - and now the new look really reflects that I think. Well, without needing sunglasses like my first attempt at a 'brighter' blog turned out. ;) I may be adding a few things in the near future, but for now...it has me pretty pleased.

I may add a feature here as well that would allow people to write full length posts as well - how would that go over? If you like the idea, leave a message on my tagboard. Then I'll know you're ready to venture into the world of blogging too.

It is starting to snow again outside. It's time to heat the teapot up and sip some chai while I cozy up in slippers and fleecies. ;)

No comments: