Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Midweek, and the sun is blazing. This is the kind of day that makes it impossible to walk with bare feet on cement sidewalks. That didn't stop me when I was a kid, though. Back then, it didn't matter if you went into the local grocery barefoot - and I often did. I would bail out of mom's car, and my tender tootsies would touch down on that sizzling blacktop, hopskipping through the doors and onto that smooth, cool tile of the market floor. The frozen food section was my destination, where the tiles were slightly chilled, and a soothing balm to my little feet.

I wear shoes now, but *only* when I have to. For the most part, I'm a naked foot kind of person, who likes to feel the green grass up against my instep. Sure, my toenail polish is almost always chipped, but it's a small price to pay for feeling the ground beneath my feet. Now, my head is another issue.... it's usually up in the clouds. ;)

So, the agenda today? Footloose (no pun intended!) and fancy free. I have some website work to do, but I might blow it off in favor of...roaming.

To all of you who have taken the time to sign my guestbook and guest map, THANK YOU! It's the little things that count, and in this case, it makes me grin to see that someone has visited my website. :)

No comments: